Thursday, June 24, 2010

One is the Loneliest Number

Being on vacation alone is no fun. Actually, I am on "fakecation," which in my case means a work trip at a swanky hotel in Puerto Rico. But still. Even though i have to work a majority of the time, it's a great place. The kind of place you wish you could share with someone else; preferably with one you love.

The one I love is in NYC, which means I am left to marvel at everything alone: the palm trees, the ocean, the way the maid arranged my shoes and cosmetics in an aesthetically pleasing manner. It's just not as much fun when you can't share the "ooh"s and "ahh"s with someone else.

So what to do? Drown my loneliness in alcohol? Flirt with a stranger? No and no. (Though I did have a few glasses of wine. Open bar!!) Instead, I bought tuna at the gift shop and fed some stray cats. And dangled a jump rope from my balcony, to annoy my co-worker with the room directly below mine. I don't think he noticed. His significant other is in there with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment